Deadline to apply is Sunday 5/19: https://forms.gle/Q5ghVVegbK7oFGKx9
OCA-NY and Chinatown Youth Initiatives (CYI) are seeking high school interns for the 12th Annual Hate Crimes Prevention Art Project, a summer workshop training series and art competition that empowers youth and raises awareness about discrimination.
Interns will receive a $300 stipend, a MetroCard (after the school year ends), weekly trainings, and skills developed through planning and launching an art show in Lower Manhattan.
The Summer Leadership Institute is looking for a Program Facilitators! Click here application today!
The Summer Leadership Institute (SLI) consists of a series of weekly workshops, in which high school youth engage in exploratory activities and discussions. These workshops aim to facilitate identity and leadership development, as well as to enhance awareness of issues affecting underrepresented communities.
- Job Title: Program Facilitator
- Reports To:Program Coordinator, Program Advisor
- Term: May – August 2019
Application: Answer a few short questions at: https://goo.gl/forms/OJ0qTffJhlXBRPQd2
- Work with Program Coordinator to plan 6-8 weekly workshops
- Facilitate youth workshops, discussions, and activities
- Attend weekly staff meetings to plan workshops
- Research workshop topics, statistics and other relevant information for workshops
- Expected to contribute 10 hours per week to program (includes weekend workshops)
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Chinatown Youth Initiatives
- Some familiarity with history of and issues facing Asian Americans and underrepresented communities
- Some college experience or rising senior in high school
- Commitment to youth leadership development, empowerment and Asian American issues.
- Ability to relate to young people with diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
We invite applications from high school seniors, college students, and recent graduates who are passionate about issues affecting the Asian American diaspora, including but not limited to immigration/belonging, gender/sex/sexuality, and sustainable communities (including Chinatown). Facilitators should be ready to taken on the rewarding challenge of working with a team of amazingly dedicated facilitators to raise social consciousness among Asian American youth.