Summer Leadership Institute
The Summer Leadership Institute (SLI) of CYI consists of a series of weekly workshops, in which high school youth engage in exploratory activities and discussions. These workshops aim to facilitate identity and leadership development, as well as to enhance awareness of issues affecting underrepresented communities.
Application: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 11:59PM EST.
Reports To: Board of Directors, SLI Advisor
Term: March 2019 – August 2019
Program: July and August 2019
Job Title: Program Co-Coordinator (Volunteer)
- Design summer curriculum structure and workshop topics
- Organize staff meetings, retreats, trainings and special events
- Plan weekly staff meetings and lead a team of facilitators to executive weekly workshops
- Act as a liaison between program advisors/board of directors and volunteer staff
- Facilitate youth workshops, discussions, and activities concerning sociopolitical issues
- Work with staff to ensure that participants have a safe and enriching experience
- Attend all workshops and facilitate staff meetings
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Chinatown Youth Initiatives.
- Some familiarity with history of and issues facing Asian Americans and underrepresented communities.
- Some college experience or rising senior in high school.
- Commitment to youth leadership development, education, Asian American issues, and/or nonprofit work.
- Ability to relate to young people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with curriculum development a plus.
- Friendly, patient, open-minded, flexible, creative, energetic, enthusiastic, punctual, team player, committed to personal excellence.
- Strong project management, public speaking, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work in an intense start-up environment
- Upon receipt of application, if you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted for a Skype/phone or in-person interview.
- CYI Board of Directors will provide trainings for subjects, including but not limited to, facilitation, staff and program development, etc.
- If chosen to be part of the facilitation team, you will be required to attend preparative sessions at the start of the summer. These sessions include but are not limited to, a two-day training session and a staff retreat.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by
March 3, 2019 at 11:59PM EST.
Chinatown Youth Initiatives (CYI) is a 501(c)(3) certified non-profit organization whose mission is to empower New York City youth with the knowledge and skills necessary to address the needs of Asian American, immigrant, and other underrepresented communities. By providing a safe and supportive environment, CYI works to build a legacy of young leaders by strengthening awareness of community issues through project initiatives.